Thursday, July 12, 2012

Twitterpated Projects for the Ingham Show

So I did two or three other projects for the Ingham Show to display on Michelle's stall but I will only post about one more.  I made an easel card and matching box.  I was inspired by my stamping sister Teresa Brown to make boxes after she gave me one at the Stampin' Up! Convention in Canberra in June.

This is the card that I came up with for the show:
The base is Blushing Bride and then I mounted some Twitterpated DSP on Riding Hood Red cardstock, stitching around the edges.  The rosette is made with more Blusing Bride patterned Twitterpated DSP - I punched the edges first with the Scallop Trim Border.  I scored the paper with the Simply Scored tool and folded it easily into the rosetee.  The image on top is from the Apothecary Art stamp set, coloured with Stampin' Write Markers in Pear Pizzazz and Riding Hood Red. 

The stamped image was cut out with the Labels Collection Framelit Die and I added an additional one to the back which I cut out in the same size in Riding Hood Red to tie in the colours on the card and the coloured image.  Crystal Effects made the flowers pop a bit more.

The little flowers on alternate corners were made using the Floral Fusion Sizzlet Die.  I distressed each cut out and pulled the cardstock apart to make the paper tissue thin.  I then stuck the different colours together randomly and added a pearl to the centre.  The final touch of pearls on the alternate corners was to balance the project.
I decorated the inside of the card using the same little flowers with pearl centres and a partial stamped image from the filigree frame from the Creative Elements stamp set in Riding Hood Red.  I also stitched the inside of the card to tie in with the theme of the front.

The matching box is made from Blushing Bride cardstock.  I scored the box lid using the Simply Scored Tool, then folded the sides.  I then ran the lid through the Big Shot with the Labels Collection Framelits Die before I stuck it together to create the window.  I cut two extra borders using the Labels Collection in the Blushing Bride and Riding Hood Red. I stamped the filigree image from the Creative Elements stamp set in Riding Hood Red and Staz On Jet Black.   I coloured a few of the flowers on the stamped images in Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker.
I inserted a piece of acetate behind the front of the lid and then stuck the extra Labels Collection borders on the inside and externally on the acetate. I also added the flowers that I had created with the Floral Fusion Sizzlet Die in Blushing Bride and Riding Hood Red cardstocks in the same way as I had for the card and added pearl centres to tie in with the theme.
I added some Pleated Satin Ribbon in Riding Hood Red around the sides of the box and daubed with Riding Hood Red Ink.

This is not a card that I would attempt to post as it would be too fragile but it is definitely one that I would "give" to a friend.

Shanni x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.