Friday, April 20, 2012

Another Bag Tag for Convention. . .

The week has flown by, but fortunately I have a lot to show for the time that I have been able to steal to do craft.

I have done more bag tags for my friends who are attending the Stampin' Up! Convention with me in May (only 41 sleeps to go) and here is one for your to see:


I love using fabric with these tags. This is Spice Cake Designer Fabric again. I attached it to the chipboard cut out of the bigger tag from Two Tags Bigz die from Stampin' Up! using sheet adhesive which was easy and fast.  Edges daubed with Soft Suede ink.

I stamped out a leaf from French Foliage using a rock and roll technique in More Mustard and Soft Suede on Very Vanilla card stock. I had heat embossed some gold across the Vanilla card stock with the French Filigree background stamp first though as I wanted a random bit of gold through the image to make a contrast.  I cut the stamped image out then daubed the edges with Sot Suede ink and crumpled it so that it would look like a leaf. 



The large maple leaf is from the Leaves #2 die. I heat embossed the More Mustard card stock using gold embossing powder and the French Filigree background stamp before I ran it through the shottie. I crumpled the leaf and daubed the edges with More Mustard ink. The words are from Oval All and stamped in Early Espresso. 


I wanted to add a bit more than the standard brads and hardware so the brad that you see on the bottom left hand corner of the tag is from Stampin' Up! Antique Brads range.  The chain is from another retailer as I needed to match the antique brass colour of the brad.  The oval frame is from Stampin' Up! Hodgepodge Hardware which is unfortunately retired



2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Shanni! I love the co-ordinating ribbon - may have to give these a try... You are so lucky to be going to convention - I missed last years as I dropped as a demo (then re-signed) and I don't think I will be going this year but I do love them! xxx
    Debbi
    am now following! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni