Saturday, March 30, 2019

Totally Techniques - Shaker Cards

 
Welcome back to another Totally Techniques Design Team Blog Hop! This month we are featuring Shaker Cards.

Shaker cards can be so much fun as the layered approach adds depth and interest to the card project. I wanted to feature a few designs so this is my first card:
The card is square (6"x6") made on a base of thick Whisper White card. I mounted it on a square of Rich Razzleberry card to frame up the image. The DSP featured behind the shaker element is from the Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper pack - the vellum is glorious and so easy to work with. I adhered it with glue dots hidden behind the leaf patterns on each corner.
The shaker element is made with standard Whisper White card and Vellum card stock for a more subtle appearance and to blend with the vellum DSP I used two of the rectangle framelits from the Layering Rectangle Framelit Dies. I wanted the shaker element to look a bit like a window.
The stamped flowers are from Painted Seasons stamp set, stamped in Lovely Lipstick and the leaves in Old Olive. The smaller violet flowers are stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and the image from Wonderful Romance, coloured with Dark and Light Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blends. I then fussy cut them out!

To get the best results with these distinctive stamps I have chosen to dauber the ink onto the stamps. There are matching framelits for the images. The sentiment is from the Part of My Story Sale-a-Bration set which is only available until tomorrow at 10.59pm Queensland time. . .
I cut a matching size rear for the shaker element so that the pattern of the DSP did not show through the window of the shaker. Before mounting it together I added the sequins for the shake part of the element. I used the foam adhesive strips to separate the top of the shaker and the base so that the sequins can move around in the void freely. A very easy card.

My second card is a similar design by made with Window Sheets instead of the Vellum card and with the Painted Seasons Designer Series Paper behind the shaker element.
Again a square card made with thick Whisper White card - I like the weight of the card, it always makes the project feel more substantial and is a good balance for the shaker feature.
Again I used the Layering Rectangle Framelits. I used the void from the larger rectangle for the sentiment and trimmed the right angle from the rectangle to align it on the corner of the shaker element. The sentiment is from Well Said in the Occasions cattie, stamped in Lovely Lipstick. All other elements are stamped in the same colours as mentioned above.
You can see the depth in the shaker element and the clear Window Sheet means that the colour of the sequins are more stark agains the stamped elements. I love the subtlety of the DSP design and how it is distressed in areas.

My third card features a different shape shaker element:
Standard C6 size card made with thick Whisper White and mounted with a rectangle of thiskc Whisper White card. The shaker element was cut using the Layering Circles Framelits in Old Olive, Window Sheet and a further circle of Whisper White as I like to construct the shaker element and adhere it to the surface of the card.
I always construct and fill the shake and adhere it together, then stick it on the card front. It's easier to build that way. I used Foam Adhesive Strips and kind of fed them around the edge of the Window Sheet and card frame. I always stick the protective layer (so the Vellum and Window Sheet) to the frame with Tombow glue.  The sentiment is from Part of My Story, stamped in Lovely Lipstick.

We are using a new linking system for our hop so you can move from blog to blog in your preferred order. I hope you don't leave us just yet and that you find lots of inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers
Shanni xx

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Great projects! I like the window look of your first two cards. Great use of the Layering Rectangle Framelit Dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous and soooo creative to make a window - love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beutiful set of cards! I llove how you die cut a few windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could knock up stunners like this at the 11th hour. So pretty and so perfect for our hop. Zoe x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni