Saturday, January 26, 2019

Totally Techniques - Baby Wipe Technique

Welcome to our latests Design Team blog hop, this month's technique is Baby Wipe Technique.  You have possibly just popped by from Zoe's beautiful blog - isn't her project gorgeous!

This is one of my projects:
I followed an easy YouTube Tutorial by Glenda which outlines the way you created your baby wipe ink pad. I used Tranquil Tide, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz and Lemon Lime Twist ink refills for my cacti.
I used Flowering Desert to stamp the cacti. I love the different cactus and the set is really versatile. I especially like the rounded cactus stamps as you can "build your own". The stamp set really highlights the technique well. I stamped on Whisper White card stock and fussy cut the cacti out.

You will see that I have also stamped some grass using the wheat stamp set from the Sale-a-Bration set Home to Roost; I used Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and masked off the bottom of the stamp image with a post it note. The sentiment is also from this set and stamped with the same ink.
For the background I used Glossy White card stock and used baby wipes to add the desert landscape colours - So Saffron, Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight and Fresh Fig.  I followed a great YouTube Tutorial by Beatte Johns. To get the different shades I used the two yellows and pink at the top and the pink and fig at the bottom. I also masked in a sun by punching out a circle on a post it note and adhering it before I did the wiping with the inked baby wipes.
The inside of the card (I used the additional Glossy White card that I had done in the same technique for the front of the card - waste not want not). I should have mentioned that the card base is Daffodil Delight and on the front I framed up the glossy card on a rectangle of Fresh Fig card stock to make the colours pop.

I didn't want to waste the inks that I had prepared for the cactus so I inked up a "D" acrylic block with  the baby wipe ink pad and stamped it on a square of Whisper White card stock with the plan to do some #simplestamping and this is what I created:
I didn't like how the square was stippled as I had hoped that the colours would merge a little more. I stamped the leaves in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink directly on the background. The bird is also stamped in the same ink on a piece of Pool Party card stock which I fussy cut then highlighted with some Clear Wink of Stella.  The base card is Pool Party, mounted with a rectangle of Basic Black card. The sentiment is from the Flowering Desert stamp set.

To get the colours to merge a little I inked up the acrylic block a second time and sprayed it with some rubbing alcohol and Pearl Shimmer Paint (which has carried over from the Holiday Cattie - thank goodness).
I was much happier with the background for this card. I feels a bit like foliage against the sky. Again I used the stamps from Petal Palette and Flowering Desert stamped almost the same as the card above.

The Background swiping was so simple and fun I thought I would experiment a little with some of the beautiful Sale-a-Bration Designer Series Paper - the Botanical Butterfly DSP is so versatile and cute. I love the black and white paper as I can colour or change it up depending on the project.

So first with So Saffron and Petal Pink reinkers on the baby wipe:
I heat embossed the sentiment from a set we received at CentreStage Orlando called Stamping Your Way to the Top  in Gold Embossing powder on Basic Black card. I think gold goes beautifully with pinks and yellows! The base card is Petal Pink with a Basic Black mount.

Here is a different take:
This time I used the same wipe that I started for the above and added Daffodil Delight and Lemon Lime Twist ink refills to the same baby wipe and made the same background. The sentiment is heat embossed on Basic Black card with White Embossing Powder. I also added a piece of the ombre ribbon in Lemon Lime Twist to pop the sentiment a little. The base card is Lemon Lime Twist with a Basic Black mount. Both cards are definitely #simplestamping and quick to make!

So I hope that you have got some great ideas. The projects are all really easy.

Don't leave us yet, check out Barbara's amazing card this month!


Until next time, stay glittery!
Shanni xx

Order of January's Blog Hop
Zoe Tant United Kingdom
Shannean Moncrieff Australia (that's me!)
Barbara Meyer Austria
Annette Elias The Netherlands
Lynsey Mahon Canada
Nadine Weiner Germany
Kelly Acheson  United States



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous selection of the technique Shannean. That cactus set has never appealed to me until now. You have really showed it off. I guess I'll add to the shopping list! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni