Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wildflower Meadow & Washi Tape

I love it when Stampin' Up! release co-ordinating products and this Annual Catalogue has so many to choose from.

Everyone knows that I am not a huge fan of pink but there are times when I simply put myself out there and sacrifice myself for my customers lol!

This is a card that I made for a small class:
 
Melon Mambo is the base card and I chose it to match the gingham print in the Gingham Garden DSP (a strip of which is on the bottom of this card).
 
I inked the Wildflower Meadow stamp with Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo ~ because I wanted to include two colours on the stamp I used Stampin Write Markers. I find that in order to get a sharp image it is important to huff on the stamp before you stamp.  The moisture in your breath ensures that the ink is uniformally damp and that means that you get consistent colour.

 
You should be able to see the embossing on the card around the stamped image. This has been done using the Wildflower Meadow Embossing Folder which "pops" the images beautifully.
 
I could not resist adding some Gingham Garden Washi Tape as a contrasting focal point beside the greeting to balance the card design.
 
The greeting was stamped in Melon Mambo on Whisper White and mounted on Daffodil Delight to add a contrast to all that pink!
 
Hope that you like it
Shanni x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni