Monday, June 11, 2012

Been a bit busy. . .

Canberra was awesome! We had the best time and met heaps of talented and inspirational people.  I can't wait for Convention 2013 which will be a little closer to home in Brisbane. If you would like to join me, let me know and I can suggest some methods of saving.

My friend Jayne celebrated a special birthday yesterday and put on a lavish spread for her friends and family. I made her a special card and hope that she enjoyed her party.
So the card was a little larger than usual ~ I had a lot to say inside! Fifth Avenue Floral is a big favourite of mine and it is due to be retired at the end of this Ideas Book & Catalogue.  I stamped the roses on Whisper White card stock in Versamark and heat embossed using white embossing powder.  I then wet the whole image and placed a few drops of Cherry Cobbler re-inker in the centre and let it bleed with the moisture to over the whole flower.  I love this effect.

Also wanted to mention the beautiful ribbon idea which is a combination of Victorian Lace, Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding and Very Vanilla Grosgrain ribbon - the amazing Teresa Dabrowski prompted us to use our ribbon off cuts like this in one of her workshop wows in Canberra.

Back later
Shanni

11 comments:

  1. very beautiful card Shanni.. I saw this on MIM...loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I saw this Fantastic card on Make-it-Monday..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly stylish Shanni!! I love this set too. I love seeing the way you find so many ways to create with it. The embossed flowers are so beautiful and I love the ribbon and lace combo.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    We missed you while you were knee deep in swaps for convention.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beeyudiful as always, what a great idea for ribbon scraps. I'm always stalking your blog but I did see this on MIM as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Where did you get the floral image? Saw you on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another glorious card with this stamp set Shanni .Love the embossing and the music paper as background .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw you on Make It Monday. Absolutely beautiful! Your creation has such stunning colors - Fabulous :)

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    PS - I would be oh, so happy to have you join us at Tuesday Alchemy - http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com - I know you'd be a perfect fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's one of my favourites too, lovely card. saw you on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I'd love to send it to my mom... your layout and colors are awesome. I saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I popped in from Make it Monday this is gorgeous and I love the deep reds you have used

    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning!! I love the way the red really pops out in contrast to white of the background! Had to pop over from MIM!
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni