Saturday, October 27, 2018

Totally Techniques - Embossing Crackle

Welcome back to another blog hop with the zany team from Totally Techniques. This month we are doing Cracked Glass technique. You may have just popped over from Kelly's blog - wasn't her project just incredible?

This is my project:
I followed Beate Johns' YouTube tutorial which was really simple step by step instructions.

I have made a square easel card with the following materials:

Base card - Cherry Cobbler Card Stock
First Mount (front and inside) is Early Espresso Card Stock
Second Mount Inside - Whisper White Card Stock
Second Mount Front Wood Textures 6"x 6" (daubered with Early Espresso Ink)

I have used glimmer paper features on the front and inside the card (which is mounted on a strip of Early Espresso Card Stock) - I chose the copper tone from Joyous Noel pack in the Holiday Cattie.
I used the stamps and sentiments from the Country Home stamp set, cut out the stamped image with the Layering Ovals Framelits and mounted it on two of the scalloped ovals from the same set in Early Espresso Card Stock.  All images have been stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. The timber elements are from Frames Elements - I stamped the darling label-style wooden elements with the filigree stamp from Timeless Textures in Early Espresso ink.
The leaves from the Frames Elements were coloured using the Dark Cherry Cobbler and Dark Old Olive Stampin' Blends. I stuck these together with the three leaf copper element from Leaves Trinkets, I added the linen thread tied in a bow and dimensionalised the embellishment. I coloured some Pearl Jewels with the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blend to marry them in with the stamped image feature.
The actual cracked glass over the coloured stamped image was achieved by first stamping the whole oval with Versamark then heat embossing with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. I did about six (6) layers and simply dipped the oval back into the embossing powder before the project cooled down. I left it to dry for about 15 minutes then folded it in on itself - this cracked the gloss coating and gave the image a crazed cracked appearance.
To enhance the cracks slightly I sponges some Early Espresso ink across the front of the glass coating.
I coloured the stamped image with the following Stampin' Blends:

Green Foliage - Dark and Light Old Olive, Light Granny Apple Green
Berries - Dark Cherry Cobbler
Artichoke like Flower - Dark and Light Old Olive, Light Rich Razzleberry
Duck Flowers - Dark Pumpkin Pie, Light Soft Suede
Ribbon - Dark Cherry Cobbler, Dark and Light Poppy Parade
Jug - Dark and Light Smokey Slate Light Bermuda Bay
The inside of the card is very simple:
I hope you have found some inspiration.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Don't leave us just yet though as Barbara Meyer has the most beautiful project to share!
Until next month, stay glittery!
Shanni xx

Order of the October Blog Hop
Lynsay Mahon Canada
Nadine Weiner Germany
Kelly Acheson Unites States
Shannean Moncrieff Australia (that's me!)
Barbara Meyer Austria
Annette Elias The Netherlands



5 comments:

  1. Oh I really love your project. You added so many details! Love the colors and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely - I may have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and so many lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! The colour combo is so vibrant! Love this set with the cracked glass!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni