Saturday, May 27, 2017

Totally Techniques - Paper Embellishments


This month we are a small group of demos doing the Totally Techniques blog hop and I hope that it is simply because of end of school year in the northern hemisphere and not because of the technique that was chosen? . . .

So this month we are doing make your own paper embellishments. I am sure that you have loved Shelagh's creation - what an amazing embellishment!
I followed the recommended tutorial but I think if I had had more time on my hands I would have chosen to simply make my own embellishment in another manner. I followed the Scrapbook and Cards tutorial but used tissues instead of toilet paper!
I have used the daisy from the new set Daisy Delight as my central stamp for the embellishment. Its a square card of Night of Navy. I mounted both the front and the inside of the card with squares of Whisper White. The DSP is Floral Boutique which is retiring in four days!
I used tissues to mould my daisies then once they were dry I fussy cut them. I added the Daffodil Delight centres with an aqua painters and ink pad and layered the petals up to add interest. I think next time I would choose a less busy flower or image and this interfered with how quickly the tissue dried and how clearly it embossed on the tissue.
I used the Flourish Thinlits and the new Tranquil Tide card stock - this is such a beautiful rich green and goes perfectly with Night of Navy. I added new Gold Faceted Gems to the centres of the daisies for my bling.
I like the fact that the paper flowers are not perfect, that you can see the folds in the petals and the impression isn't quite even. The embellishments are very soft and sit quite delicately on the card front.

The sentiment is from Happy Happenings. I stamped it in Night of Navy ink.

Finally you can see the depth in the embellishment. I think that the card won't travel well in the post so it's an in person card lol!
I hope the blog hop has been inspirational to you and that you want to make your own embellishments.  Don't leave us just yet. . . check out Barbara's creation I love how she has created an entirely different embellishment - gorgeous!
Until next month - stay crafty!
Shanni xx

Blog Hop Order

5 comments:

  1. Wow, these daisies look so cool! I can't imagine how much time you spent making all these flowers. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Love how you used the technique. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your flowers turned out Shannean :-) absolutely stunning card. I am going to have a go at this technique at a later date, injury my leg meant getting up and down was not an option so no creating for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...the daisies are perfect. Great job Shannean.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni