Thursday, May 1, 2014

Soho and Backyard Basics

I adore the antique filigree of the Crisp Cantaloupe page of the Soho Subway DSP - in fact you have probably worked out that I adore the entire range of Soho Subway DSP. . .
I wanted to use it in full size to show it off to its full extent. So part of my thoughts behind embellishing the background was with this in mind - show, don't cover. Using the new Scallope Edge Tag Topper I punched a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock top and bottom and stamped it in Early Espresso using the En Francais background stamp. I then cut out a piece of Window Sheet (acetate) with the Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies and embossed it with the Beautifully Baroque TIEF, mounting it on top of the script.
I wanted a stamped image which complemented but did not compete with the background design so I stamped and masked the flowers from Backyard Basics in Jet Black Staz On ink and coloured them with Crisp Cantaloupe, Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz ink and an Aqua Painter. I then fussy cut around the flowers and mounted them on top of the Window Sheet cut out.

The ribbon embellishment is Very Vanilla Seam Binding tied off with the Gold Bakers Twine. The sentiment is from Chalk Talk, I have punched it out using the Extra Large Oval Punch and I have mounted this on a piece of Early Espresso which I cut with the Ovals Framelit Dies. The little Basic Pearl Jewels set the sentiment off well.
The butterfly is from the Best of Butterflies set, stamped in Jet Black Staz On ink and painted with Blushing Bride ink and Aqua Painter.

Hope you love this paper as much as I do.
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni