Saturday, December 6, 2014

Trim the Tree DSP Stack & Ornamental Pine

Once I started stamping with this set I found that I was overflowing with ideas on how it could be used. Because Christmas is celebrated in Australia in the height of summer it is hard to make cards that have a Christmas appeal that seems to be associated with snow, red bows and hot apple cider. . . we are all about swimming, barbecues and cold prawn salad on Christmas day.  The Ornamental Pine set offers a bit of Chrissy versatility though and I was excited with the earthy tones that we could employ. . .

Again I have made two of each design to dress one up and to leave the other simpler. There are things that you need to consider with cards ~ postage weight and the ability to send the card without it being damaged. . . so I have tried to be thoughtful about these things when coming up with designs and layouts.

Here are today's shares:
The Trim the Tree DSP Stack is awesome. It has all of the usual Christmas colours like Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and Early Espresso but there are additional colours like Sahara Sand, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding for a touch of spice!

Base card in this instance is Whisper White. I have stamped the leaves in Garden Green and the pine cones in Early Espresso on Whisper White card stock which I then cut out quite closely. I have tried stamping the pine cones direct on the card but I really like the effect of the raised pine cones the best. I have dimensionalised them slightly for added effect.

The Real Red pennant behind both mounted images is hand cut and I matched this with the Real Red Satin Woven Ribbon from them Holiday Mini Catalogue. Do you see how trimming your ribbons slightly differently gives a different impact.

The card on the left was mounted on a piece of Real Red card stock whilst the one on the right is mounted on Early Espresso.
Using pieces of the Cherry Cobbler tartan from the Trim the Tree DSP Stack as my base I wanted this card to be classic in colour and layout. You will see that I have mounted the background pieces on the right hand side with more Cherry Cobbler card stock, including the stamped image.

The leaves are stamped in Garden Green. The ornament was stamped in Cherry Cobbler and then fussy cut. I proceeded to gloss the ornaments with Crystal Effects for a shiny effect.

On the left hand card I mounted the sentiment on a white pennant shape that I simply cut around the words and then mounted on a piece of the Cherry Cobbler Linen Ribbon.

For a touch of bling I glittered the leaves on the right hand card using Dazzling Detail.

A little more earthy and Aussie than snow cards but stay tuned as I don't want to disappoint my northern hemisphere fans.

See you soon
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni